Delivering an excellent customer experience (CX) is the new measure of marketplace success, and business leaders must innovate to achieve this without compromising privacy or security.
Whether they’re interacting through web and mobile browsers and applications, brick and mortar retail touchpoints, or the ballooning ecosystem of smart connected products that comprise the Internet of Things (IoT), today’s digitally savvy consumers expect smooth, consistent, and personalized experiences throughout their customer journeys.
To deliver on this expectation, businesses must be able to:
- Identify users connecting from multiple touchpoints
- Build profiles that provide a complete customer view across each channel to every business stakeholder
- Make a wide variety of data readily available for use in marketing, sales, and service technologies
Additionally, handling first-party data and supporting third-party authentication means keeping up with international data privacy compliance and social network policies. Sensitive consumer data must be secured in every state: at rest, in use, and in transit.
Businesses attempting to address these challenges with home-grown solutions or retrofitted legacy systems have discovered that old-guard identity and access management (IAM) practices simply aren’t appropriate for managing customer identities and driving better CX in today’s vast and evolving digital marketplace. So what other options are there?
Enter the Purpose-Built CIAM Solution
Forrester recently published a report by expert analysts Andras Cser and Merritt Maxim that makes the case for why a purpose-built customer identity and access management (CIAM) strategy and solution is a crucial element for businesses who want to drive better CX while maintaining security and compliance. Download the report titled, “Market Overview: Customer Identity And Access Management (CIAM) Solutions” to understand:
- How CIAM is critical to the modern customer experience
- Why legacy IAM solutions can’t meet customer requirements
- Key features of CIAM solutions
- The current CIAM vendor landscape
By David Kerin