For enterprise brands, modern retail strategy can feel like a game of whack-a-mole. Customers have multiple “holes” (channels) to pop out of: in-store, online and native mobile app being the most common. And like the game, if you don’t engage customers effectively and fast, your success rate will suffer.
Just being reactive doesn’t lead to success; instead, you need a progressive customer identity strategy to connect your customers’ online and offline experiences.
A robust customer identity and access management (CIAM) platform is the easiest way for retailers around the globe to bridge this gap.
CIAM can create seamless, personalized and engaging buyer journeys no matter where customers shop by increasing:
- Capabilities to enhance customer experiences across any/all in-store and digital properties;
- Opportunities to personalize and segment marketing campaigns based on highly-specific shopping preference data; and
- Levels of customer trust and security thanks to a holistic, single view created from data that spans brands, devices and properties.
In the whack-a-mole analogy, CIAM enables you to see through the machine, so you’ll know which mole will pop out of what hole, and when.
Our new data sheet, Progressive Identity and the Modern Retailer: Bridging the Online to Offline Experience, explains how effectively managing customer identities can be a core benefit to modern retailers.
It provides detailed examples of how a CIAM platform can help to:
- Identify online shoppers when they visit a store;
- Kick off the relationship in-store, then move it online; and
- Leverage location data to optimize real-world experiences.
It also explains how Gigya’s market-leading CIAM solution can integrate with downstream technologies to create a single customer view across all touch points and provide information gained from one channel across an enterprise’s entire marketing ecosystem.
By Uri Bahar