In today’s complex digital landscape, the value of consumer data has never been higher. Yet, thanks to evolving data privacy laws like the European Union’s upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), regulatory scrutiny of how businesses capture and manage consumers’ personal information has never been more intense.
That’s why we’ve introduced Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager, a powerful new solution that can help your enterprise:
- Drive better customer experiences, products and services through transparent collection and management of consumers’ personal information and the consent to use it
- Build trust with consumers by giving them maximum control over their profile, preference and consent data
- Comply with existing data privacy laws and adapt to new regulations as they evolve
In a previous post, we introduced this new solution and explained how it goes beyond personally identifiable information (PII) compliance. In this post, we’ll show you how Enterprise Preference Manager can integrate with your current customer identity solution to help achieve a core tenet of data privacy: the effective capture, storage and management of consumers’ profile data, preference choices and consent agreements.
Integrating with Homegrown Customer Identity Solutions
The GDPR goes into effect on May 25, 2018, and will be a major test for homegrown solutions developed by internal IT teams to manage consumers’ personal data.
In order to comply with GDPR, these systems need to:
- Scale across the whole enterprise to cover every brand, property and region
- Keep up with privacy and security industry certifications
- Enforce consent settings across all upstream and downstream systems
- Unify data silos, so consumer requests to change or erase personal data are honored by every brand, property and third-party application in real time
- Respond quickly, comprehensively and efficiently to audits
- Fulfill the needs of marketing, sales and service departments to access customer data
Meeting these criteria is likely to be costly and labor intensive for businesses using homegrown digital identity management solutions. More importantly, any attempt to orchestrate and deploy a solution across the enterprise is fraught with lengthy time-to-market, unsustainable development and maintenance costs and regulatory risks. With the enforcement date rapidly approaching, does your IT team have the time, resources and know-how to successfully develop and implement a GDPR-compliant solution?
Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager is a one-stop shop for helping you develop a customer identity management solution that meets GDPR requirements for collecting, storing and processing consumer data. The product can scale for growth and deploy consistently across multiple brands within an enterprise. It can synchronize consumers’ profile, preference and consent settings with any upstream and downstream systems that enable personalization, while securely storing the required information to satisfy audits.
In addition, Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager can support a seamless migration of customer data from a homegrown solution’s data silos into Gigya’s customer profiles. This provides a single source of profile, preference and consent truth for the entire enterprise that can respond in real time to a consumer’s request to change, erase or freeze processing of their personal data.
Integrating with Legacy Customer Identity Solutions
Global enterprises are adopting customer identity solutions at a rapid pace. For example, Forrester estimates that “CIAM (customer identity and access management) software spending should increase by 22 percent to $713 million in 2018.”
While CIAM solutions may create higher-value customer profiles, they aren’t designed to effectively track every customer consent instance and preference setting across their entire lifecycle.
Now, we’re offering Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager as a stand-alone product that can integrate with any legacy CIAM system via robust screen-set collections or API calls. If requested, customer profile data may be stored within a legacy customer identity solution, although, as a best practice, we recommend storing and managing that data within Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager’s audit-ready vault. This makes it possible to capture preference and consent data in a single repository that is enforced throughout the customer lifecycle across applications and brands via bi-directional synchronization with downstream applications and services.
As a result, customers can gain a better understanding of how and why their data is being collected. They can also be empowered to review, change or delete their consent to use their data. This will help build their trust and loyalty in your brands.
Integrating with Gigya’s Customer Identity Management Platform
Existing customers of Gigya’s Customer Identity Management platform can also license Enterprise Preference Manager as a premium add-on.
By pairing these powerful solutions, your business can:
- Increase the value of your customers’ profiles, thanks to progressive and conditional workflows that allow you to collect customer information relevant to your business case over time, along with the consent to use it to create personalized customer experiences
- Keep track of preference and consent instances across touchpoints and brands throughout the customer lifecycle
- Enforce every customer data update with all upstream and downstream applications and services
- Maintain an audit-ready history of customer profiles, preferences and consent settings that can be easily accessed to address evolving regional privacy laws, including GDPR
From your customer’s point-of-view, they can feel more comfortable with putting further trust in your brands and properties, empowered by features like the self-service preference center, which enables them to:
- Understand what activities they have consented to, update their information when necessary and review how their data is being used
- Review, change and withdraw consent on their own terms
- Choose how and when they receive communications from your business
These two solutions create a comprehensive driver for digital transformation, putting customers in control of their experiences and providing a clearer path to compliance with the GDPR and other regional data privacy laws.
To see Gigya Enterprise Preference Manager in action, register for our product demonstration webinar on December 13.
By Yaron Gur Ari