Gigya 5 is live! Now even more powerful and flexible, this latest release of our platform includes iRank, a new tool making it possible for companies to identify and engage with their most influential site users, fully-featured mobile SDKs for iPhone, iPad and Android, and community products including a customizable website activity feed. In addition to providing proprietary features, Gigya 5 also integrates with any service or platform our clients choose.
The ability to connect a corporate website – whether publisher, brand or retailer – to the broader social web is no longer a nice to have, it has become a critical objective. The Altimeter group’s Jeremiah Owyang has been researching the role of the corporate social strategist, and in a recent survey found that the #1 objective for that role in 2011 is integrating the corporate website with the broader social web.
Leading publishers and retailers such as NYDailyNews and Pleasant Holidays have recently added the Gigya 5 Platform; existing customers are automatically upgraded. Gigya is also powering social functionality for leading publishing and mobile platforms including Zinio, ProBoards and Moonfruit.
Gigya 5 Highlights
Ease of Implementation
- Mobile SDKs for iPhone/iPad and Android that support the full power of the Gigya social optimization platform, from social login to sharing and community functions
- Full compliance with the new OAuth2.0 standards enabling developers to implement Gigya directly from the OAuth2.0 libraries
- SDKs for Java, PHP and .NET
- Open platform and partner program enabling integration with any application or platform
- Support for additional identity providers including PayPal, taking the total number to twenty-two social and OpenID providers
- A real-time social activity feed surfacing the user site activity that companies choose to highlight, across one or more domains
- A lightweight commenting plug-in with full administrative dashboard and moderation features
- User preference tools and settings for sharing enabling “always do this” and “never do this” settings to optimize the user experience
Social Optimization Analytics
- iRank Key Influencer report, providing clients with actionable data about which of their users are sharing the most and driving the most referral traffic from social networks, providing an index on the following:
– Number of friends in a user’s network
– Number of shares
– Volume of referral traffic
– How recent and frequent the activity
- iRank Key Influencer data is available as a report, and also real-time as part of the “get UserInfo” API call
- Gender and Age filters are now part of the Gigya Platform’s social analytics, giving clients greater insight into the demographics of those users engaged in social activities on their site
Thanks to our customers and partners who had this to say about our product:
“Gigya’s social login functionality makes it so much easier for users to share our content with friends on all the major social media platforms, and has brought tangible benefits in traffic and brand awareness.” said Scott Cohen, Executive Editor, NYDailyNews.com.
“The Gigya Platform has made social sharing a powerful way to get our customers to do our marketing for us,” said Jeff Nickerson, Managing Director, CruiseNow, “Gigya enables us to execute on our social shopping strategy.”
“As commerce and communications catch up to the mobility of our consumers’ lives, publishers around the globe want to make it easy for their readers to access premium content, regardless of reading device or location. With Gigya, we are helping publishers, advertisers and content providers create a seamless social experience for their audience across the Zinio UNITY™ platform. Now, you can share the content you love wherever you are; whether that is on a mobile device, or in front of their computer,” said Rich Maggiotto, President and CEO of Zinio.
By Kevin White