Now Retailers Can Make Their Own Sites Social: New Gigya Social Commerce plugins and turnkey integrations for ATG, Demandware & Magento
Social Commerce is changing the way people shop – customers want ways to interact with their friends while shopping on any platform or channel, and retailers are struggling to keep up with the near-constant evolution of social technologies. In a January 2011 survey, Retail Systems Research found that 98% of retailers view investing in social commerce as valuable, but that an increasing number are “stymied” by their existing technologies.
What do they need? 96% of retailers “tell us that a streamlined infrastructure is key to overcoming the inhibitors they face today.” They need Gigya.
Today, we’re thrilled to introduce exactly what retailers are looking for:
A comprehensive suite of social plugins that are fully integrated with the top social networks and with leading ecommerce platforms.
Integrating the Share Plugin, ratings & reviews, sharing, social recommendations and social login, our new Social Recommendation plugins work together seamlessly. The Share Plugin gives customers:
- New ways to share products and opinions with their network of friends and the site community
- New ways to see what their own friends are doing on a retail site – rating, reviewing, sharing, asking or buying
- Real benefits in the form of improved user experience and better insights that are the basis for building a relationship with a retailer
- New customers from shopper word of mouth activity
- Increased conversion rates from adding more customer feedback and by linking ratings and reviews to other social activity
- Simplified implementation and analytics: only Gigya ties everything together in a comprehensive package, delivering a superior user experience as well as unified reporting on customer activity across all points of social engagement.